0.1 to 5 microns
Type of membranes that allow the retention of particles of a diameter between 0.1 microns and 5 microns. They are mainly used for clarification processes, removal of bacteria, separation of solids and separation of proteins in liquid solutions.
- Clarification of fruit juices
- Recovery of beer
- Clarification of wine with yeast removal
- Removal of bacteria in beverages and other liquids
- Clarification of brines
- Separation of solids in industrial process waters
1,000 – 1,000,000 Daltons
Type of membranes which allow the retention of molecules of a molecular weight between 1000 and 1,000,000 Daltons. They are mainly used for container solutions of macromolecules such as proteins, allowing the passage of molecules in the filtrate of a low molecular weight.
- Filtration and clarification of fruit juice
- Clarification of wine
- Clarification of salt brine
- Separation of wastewater from industrial processes
150 – 1,000 Daltons
Membrane type which allows the retention of molecules of a molecular weight between 150 and 1000 Daltons. These membranes allow the passage of univalent ions (such as fluoride) and simple sugar molecules in the permeate.
- Concentration of maple sap at low temperature and concentration levels
demineralization of liquids (water & industrial process liquids)
- Deacidifying of plant extracts
- Water softening
- Recovery of cleaning solutions
- Color removal from liquids
- Wastewater concentration
0 – 150 Daltons
Type of membrane that only allows water to pass through. It retains particles
having a molecular weight inferior to 150 Daltons. However, some small molecules with properties similar to that of water (such as alcohol) may also pass through. These membranes are generally used for concentration processes.
- Concentration of maple sap
- Fruit juice Concentration
- Concentration juice and vegetable extracts
- Dealcoholization of beverages (beer, wine etc.)
- Seawater Desalination
- Concentration of brine and reuse of industrial process water
- Filtration and glycol recovery